Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Maybe the Economy Is Worse than I Thought

Last week I received word that Law Motors is now following my updates on Twitter.

Law Motors is a local used-car lot. Twitter is something I signed up for ages ago and never use. Frankly, I don't much see the point of it. So I'm afraid Law Motors is destined to be pretty bored.

Incidentally, I've never done any business with Law Motors, never set foot on the lot, not even sure where they're located, so I assume their people merely combed through Twitter and signed up to follow everyone whose profile indicates they're within, probably, a certain geographic zone.

Naturally, I deleted the message. What's it to me?

Now today comes word that "ActionNews (KSFYActionNews) is now following your updates on Twitter." KSFY is one of the local TV stations. Again, I'm afraid they're not going to observe much "action" by following me on Twitter, but that's their problem.

Oddly, as I visit KSFYActionNews' profile, I observe that they are "following"--you guessed it--Law Motors.

To be honest, I'm not sure what to make of this. But I am somehow reminded of Winnie the Pooh and Piglet going round and round a tree in the Hundred Acre Wood and becoming progressively more worried about the increasing number of footprints...

No comments: