As you read the message, perhaps you will be struck by some of the same things I noted:
1. Any time someone troubles him- or herself to utilize President Obama's middle name, you know they are about to regurgitate some particularly loathsome bile. Whenever you call them on this, the response is, "I only call him that because that's his name." And yet I have yet to hear any of them refer to his predecessor as "George Walker."
2. How the heck would the perpetrator of this repulsive missive know what George S. Patton "would have said"? Anyone can shove his bigoted comments into the mouth of any deceased historical figure. It has no meaning, no weight.
3. Why on earth should I care what Patton "would have said"?
4. Taken to its logical conclusion--although I admit it's dangerous to apply logic when dealing with something obviously written by a hate-mongering bigot--one must conclude that the author advocates genocide. For the anonymous author puts these words into Patton's mouth:
- If they [Muslims] manage to get their hands on a nuke, chemical agents, or even some anthrax -- you will wish to God we had hunted them down and killed THEM while we had the chance.
Yep, there you have it. Kill them. Kill them all. That's what Patton would have said, by golly, or so we're told. Gotta kill them all before they kill us. By the time you realize "they" want to kill you, it'll be too late for you to kill "them." Gotta do unto them and do it first.
Except...um, didn't Patton--the real one, not the one made up by this anonymous hate-monger--also say the same thing about the Soviets? Didn't he want to wipe them out before they wiped us out? Didn't he warn that "they" wanted to kill us--all of them wanted to kill all of us?
Well, just to remind you that really warped, really scary people are all around us, here's the diatribe. Please note that your humble correspondent repudiates it entirely. And be sure to scrub off good after you've read it.
After todays Barak Hussien and Cheney speeches this seems to be a good summary.
What Patton would have said...
This is how General George S. Patton would sum things up .... and then catch holy hell from Ike.
Some of them are here among us now.