Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Survey Says... Huhn??

So I'm taking another of those online surveys (I have yet to see a dime from the two outfits that enter me into a "prize pool," but I have earned MyPoints points for doing their surveys, so that's something...and anyhow, it's reasonably entertaining. Usually), and the second-to-last screen (following my affirmative answer to the question of whether I’m concerned about unemployment and other economic badness) is this:

Look at it again : "Do you believe the new president's administration is doing enough to fight unemployment?"

Today is October 8. The presidential election is November 4--nearly a month away. What "new president’s administration"??!

Naturally I shot off a note to the pollster, Harris Interactive, along that same line:

    Hello-- I have just taken your survey about insurance products (number on the invite was (7-107171us-L), if that means anything), and found that it contained a question that made no sense at all! The question was: "Do you believe the new president's administration is doing enough to fight unemployment?" WHAT "new president's administration? The election is nearly a month away--there is no "new president"?

    Very strange...

I will be most interested in seeing what sort of response they send me, if any. Did they release this survey months earlier than intended? Are the survey writers completely ignorant of current events? Or completely ignorant of the English language? I’m frankly at a loss to understand how that question could have ended up in any survey at this point on the calendar.

No comments: