Friday, August 01, 2008

Yet Another Reason to Avoid Wal-Mart. As if I Needed Another Reason...

This from this morning's Wall Street Journal Page One:

Wal-Mart Warns of Democratic Win

By ANN ZIMMERMAN and KRIS MAHER

August 1, 2008; Page A1

Wal-Mart Stores Inc. is mobilizing its store managers and department supervisors around the country to warn that if Democrats win power in November, they'll likely change federal law to make it easier for workers to unionize companies -- including Wal-Mart.

Yes, that's right: If the scary no-good godless bleeding-heart Democrats succeed in reclaiming the White House and/or Capitol Hill, they'll make it easier for workers to protect themselves from predators like Wal-Mart. The scurvy scoundrels!


I especially love this paragraph:

In recent weeks, thousands of Wal-Mart store managers and department heads have been summoned to mandatory meetings at which the retailer stresses the downside for workers if stores were to be unionized. (Emphasis added)

That's right, kiddo--if you join an organization that has the potential to protect you from me, that would be very, very bad. Um, for you, I mean. Yeah--bad for you. Me, I don't care. I'm just looking out for you. Like always. Heh-heh-heh.

It's times like this I wish I shopped at Wal-Mart so I could boycott them.

No comments: